A.P.M.C. IS The Agriculture produce market committee we are lunching fast time in gulu
APMC operate on two principles:
- Ensure that farmers are not exploited by intermediaries(or money lenders) who compel farmers to sell their produce at the farm gate for an extremely low price
- All food produce should first be brought to a market yard and then sold through auction
Farmers are required to sell their produce via auction at the mandi in their region. Traders (e.g. shopping mall owners) and food processing companies cannot buy produce directly from a farmer.
Some of the salient features of the APMC Model as follows
- Facilitates contract farming model.
- Special markets for perishables.
- Farmers, private persons can set up own market
- Licensing norms relaxed.
- Single market fees.
- APMC revenue to be used for improving market infrastrure.